Adams-spink Ltd is committed to making its online resources accessible to all visitors. We will continually review our site and modify pages to remove accessibility problems and to make information more accessible for all users.
We have done our best to make our web site as accessible as possible. We have tried hard to adhere sensibly and practically to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) produced by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C, the web's governing body).
Some of the features we have implemented:
- All Images have alternative text (if you cannot see the image you can still read the text relating to that image).
- Text resizes according to user preference.
- Colour contrast between foreground and background is sufficiently strong.
- Headings are correctly used (not just plain text styled to look bigger or bold).
- Links tell you where they are going (we do not use "Read more..." or "Click here...").
- All visual presentation is defined within stylesheets and is not embedded in the pages.
We have implemented access keys so that you can use the keyboard to navigate to the main areas of the website.
The access keys are used in the following way:
On a Windows system
Press and hold the ALT key
On a Mac system
Press and hold the CTRL + ALT keys together
Then press the access key defined below
Release access key and then release the ALT and/or CTRL keys
If using Internet Explorer you may need to press the RETURN or ENTER key at this point.
The access keys have been assigned as follows, as far as possible following UK government standards:
1 or h for home
2 or p for profile
3 or s for services
4 or r for recources
5 or c for contact
6 or b for blog
0 for this page about the Accessibility Policy
Some browsers do not have access key functionality.
Colour schemes and Font resizing
To make it easier to view our site for all visitors we have font resizing options and have also created several colour schemes based on recognised contrast levels that should help our visually impaired visitors.
If you have any difficulty with these settings please let me know and we will attempt to fix or correct any issues that may arise.
Listen to this website with BrowseAloud
Visitors can listen to this website with BrowseAloud, which is free to website visitors and can be easily downloaded from the BrowseAloud Website.
What is BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud makes websites accessible to those who require online reading support. It works by reading web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice. The user simply hovers their mouse pointer over the text to hear it read aloud.
What does BrowseAloud look like?
BrowseAloud features and options are accessed from an easy to use, floating toolbar (see above). You can position this toolbar anywhere on your screen or hide from view, as you prefer.
What will BrowseAloud do for me?
- Reads web pages aloud in a human-sounding voice (Includes websites, intranets, extranets, html, accessible Flash, alt tags)
- Reads secure web pages
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Converts text to MP3
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
Who does BrowseAloud help?
BrowseAloud helps any website visitor who requires online reading support. This includes those with learning difficulties such as dyslexia, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
What Browsers does BrowseAloud work in?
BrowseAloud works with the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6+
- Firefox 3.6+
- Safari v3 or later
BrowseAloud works with commonly used platforms:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later
How do I download BrowseAloud?
Download BrowseAloud from the BrowseAloud website.
If you need anymore help, contact the BrowseAloudSupport Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have any issues with the accessibility of our site please contact me , I promise to always try my hardest to ensure to meet all standards.